Programs and Projects
A freshly painted flagpole
with new flag ....
....and the refurbishing
of the 1916 WWI Navy
anti-aircraft gun on the Stone Memorial Bldg.
lawn. (Veterans Day 2007)
Weare Historical Society supports work on these
buildings, all of which are on either the National
or State Register of Historic Places: Stone Memorial
Building, Clinton Grove Academy, Weare Town Hall,
Paige Memorial Library currently called the Weare
Public Library. The Society also supports work
on the Horse Shed, tramp House, and Osborne Hall.
Academy Bell Tower Refurbished
Weare Town Hall
The old stumps
and brush were removed in the triangle at Clinton
Grove and replaced with three Elm Trees donated
by the Weare Historical Society
In 2005, the
Society hired Dave Hewey to re-roof the tramp
house. In 2007, he replaced and painted the clapboards
at location of first Town Hall
Beautification for the 250th celebration
Planting daffodils bulbs at Center Woods School.
Students and staff planted 700 daffodil bulbs
in the fall of 2011 stop and see the flowers in
April. Additional bulb and wild flowers have been
planted on Rt. 77(Sugar Hill South and near Sherwood
Forest Rd. , Rt. 114 by the Welcome to Weare sign,
Clinton Grove , intersection of Rt. 77 and 114
in North Weare, Stone Memorial Lawn, Rt. 149,
Bolton Field and the Weare Town Office.
The Tea Party
- Sponsored by the 250th committee
All profits to support the 250th Celebration in
our holiday program with Weare Public Library
(Dec. 2007) family activities were enjoyed by
all: Diane Kordas's puppet show, crafts, storytelling,
caroling, tree lighting, and lots of goodies to
Heleen Kurk helps at the
Shields at the
Little reads a holiday adventure
to the children
The Christmas party is sponsored
by the Weare Historical Society and the Library.
Our sister organization,
the South Weare Improvement Society is renovating
Osborne Hall, one of Weare's historic buildings.
Rad Betts gives
Osborne Hall a facelift
for Osborne Hall